Agents come in many shapes, sizes, and qualifications. Every agent must go through a basic level of insurance training in order to obtain a license. In order to keep their license, an agent must take a minimum level of training annually. Unfortunately, many agents never do any more than the minimum. There is so much more to know about insurance than just the minimum of training. It is imperative that all agents continually keep trained and educated in order to create, and deliver insurance and risk solutions to their clients.
Training benefits to agents and agencies
- Enhances your company’s reputation.
- Employees desire professional development.
- Helps agency attract and retain the best employees.
- Increase the collective knowledge of your team.
- Boosts your retention.
- Allows you to truly provide “trusted advisor” solutions to your clients.
Training benefits to clients
- Allows agents to bring a much broader knowledge base to problem solving.
- Agents are more equipped to educate clients.
- Provides a basis for providing business solutions beyond just insurance.
- Trained agents are generally more knowledgeable about many different industries.
- With a trained agent you can lower your cost of risk.
- Professionally trained agents understand in greater detail how insurance is designed to work.
- Highly trained agents can help you navigate difficult claims to your satisfaction.
- Training is essential for knowledge transfer. It’s very important to share knowledge.
Professional development can come in many forms. But having an agent who is trained will always provide a broader depth of skill and experience to the client.